Tuesday, April 2, 2013

line up

We had a Roundtable at Roundtable.  Unfortunately the Old Sac Roundtable closed early on Easter so we had to go to the one on Folsom. Their  pizza was even worse than at the Old Sac one.  Scott and I got Rountable delivered recently and it was delicious so I don't know WTF is up.  However, the Folsom one had a bottle of wine for less than 3 dollars! The Old Sac one pours you a glass for more with disgusting fingerprints all over it.

But I digress.  This roundtable at the round table at Round Table was super fun because we picked the order rather than fighting over the theme.  I think you will all be happy. No spoilers but you're all in the middle.  There was some fuzzy math going on. I heard smiller utter the phrase "third half".  But seriously, we made a real effort to not shaft people who had been shafted previously and it was not all about favoritism for people we know more.  It was based on a scientific measure whereby we measured the excitement vibes emanating for each band and factored that in. 

I have already picked the theme for next year and have begun the arduous process of winning over votes. Of course smiller is already violently opposed so I may have to win him over with certain private techniques. 

Which brings me to my bumper sticker idea (besides "I'm already against the next arena"): I'm already excited for the next Halloween show

I starts at 530. Everyone must be there at 5.  We will chain the doors at 5:30, Carrie-style because it worked out really well in that movie.  I hear Gwar is bringing the bucket of pig blood for some lucky lady.  We'll also be chanting "plug it up!" at her

I haven't received posts from anyone else yet so someone there can talk about the backline stuff in the commetns or whatever or I can do another post.

13 comments:

  1. Backline will be:

    Drum set with the usual drums & cymbals

    Two guitar amps - at least one of which will be a Fender Deluxe

    A bass amp - Maxwell's to be precise

    A keyboard and amp. We're working on the amp, the keyboard is Dylan Barnes' which is good enough for ABBA so it's good enough for you.

    We're hoping for at least 4 mics - bring one if you want just to be safe.

    You obviously need to bring instruments, cords, sticks, pedals - all that shit.


    USE THE BACKLINE! We can't have a band setting up their own gear - it will take too long. Getting through all the bands is more important than your sound! Obviously if you need more than what's on the backline, you can bring that but be ready to set it up quickly!

    I'm very excited for my tuning station that will be set up backstage (with extra batteries even!). Please tune before your set.

    OK, if we can get this thing started by 5:30 (please, please, PLEASE get there on time!), I think we're all good with the 26 bands we have.

    Oh yeah, and if you're dropping out, post that here too.

    Show is $5 - everyone has to pay.

    More info to follow about the Matt Maxwell's $5 Kickstarter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many cellphone charging stations will there be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. what about electric car charging stations? I would like this event to have a small carbon footprint

    BTW, when I found out that Wham is NOT playing wake me up before you go go I almost buzzedly (that tiny bottle of wine went right to my head) called 911 to report this. Then I screamed noooooo! Then I screamed Khannnnn!

    This ain't right

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are. I told them there would be blood in the streets if they didn't.

      Delete
  4. Wham, you're cleared to play Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go.

    -mgmt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can we use our own keyboard? I'm not sure but I'm guessing the time it takes to unfold a keyboard stand and plug it in is shorter than the time it takes to figure out and find the right voices on an unfamiler keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keyboard stand switching however, not approved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will there be a "pus-resistant poncho" station?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure everyone knows this, but it's BYOB. Go for the 24-pack.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just a heads up, X will need to use your guitar and your bass, whoever you are.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this Sacramento Halloween SHow Update has just come across the wire:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwFpObkYrwI

    watch at your own risk.

    ReplyDelete